- The world’s first strings to offer these features on standard electric guitars:
- – Equal force applied means equal pitch bend on five lowest strings
- – Chords bend in parallel on the four lowest strings
- – Intonation equal on four lowest strings
- – Great tone and sustain with more consistency across strings
Our 9s, 10s and 11s optimised for Strat® and 10s optimised for locking systems are now available exclusively (with affordable worldwide shipping) from this website by clicking Shop.
Kemp Strings are made in the UK and have been designed through research carried out at the University of St Andrews, Scotland. The underlying research has been published in the peer reviewed science journal PLOS ONE:
Kemp JA (2017) The physics of unwound and wound strings on the electric guitar applied to the pitch intervals produced by tremolo/vibrato arm systems. PLOS ONE 12(9): e0184803
Kemp Strings® is a registered trademark of Jonathan Andrew Kemp and is registered in the UK under No. UK00003408107.
Strat® is a registered trademark of Fender Musical Instrument Corporation (FMIC). Kemp Strings is not affiliated with (FMIC).